Hello, how is it going at your end? I hope everything is well.
By the beginning of 2015, one of my goals is to write often but now, the year is about to end and I have not written anything except my one and only post last January.
Life has been great amidst all the little challenges I had encountered during the first to last quarter of this year. These challenges almost crippled me; it almost led me to abandon my job but thanks to God who has been with me throughout these challenges to remind me that He is in control of everything. This is my way of telling you that challenges will always be there and you are lucky if you can beat them all. The best consolation after all you’ve been through is that – you are still alive today, that I am still here, writing this post, and you are there, reading this post. We made it through the last quarter of the year, you are brave, you are great and you are doing well!
I don’t know what to say, I don’t know where to start because 1 year is such a long time and many events happened along the way.
I am grateful. It may not be so obvious, but I am truly grateful for the countless blessings I have received this year. Let me share to you some of these blessings, and be reminded of the fact that God wanted us to become successful in everything we do.
- I took up units in education because I wanted to have a professional license. That’s all. Hence, I enrolled in 6 subjects (technically that is 18 units!) (with teaching demonstration and baby thesis, plus the prelim, midterm, and final exam… I was kind of dead.). Every weekend, from 7:30 am -5:30 pm, I was a student for one whole semester (but quite a few times, I’ve been late in my classes or worse, absent which was intentional by the way). During weekdays, I was the opposite, handling 9 subjects that is equal to 27 units with some extracurricular tasks. Now, do the math. Thank God, I survived the semester and finally had a passport to take the licensure examination for teachers.
- Summer for me wasn’t intended for vacation, it was intended for earning money. That’s why instead of enjoying the beaches, I was enduring the heat inside the classroom. After summer class, I thought I’ll be free. But heck, I was assigned to be an enrolling officer and before I know it, it’s already the opening of classes ONCE AGAIN. I still have my job though!
- Two months had passed, and people who just earned 18 units in education were already preparing for the review classes. I don’t want to enroll but Mom and one of our neighbors told me that it is better if I will enroll in a review class, hence I reluctantly enrolled. I paid around 10,500.00, and I had to spend a minimum of 400 during weekends, for food and transportation. I got bored, distracted, and disappointed. I barely attended the review classes; I always had my lame excuses. I got bored, what’s nice about sitting in a not-well ventilated and not-well organized room while painstakingly having trial exams? Not good, really. I got distracted, we had accreditation in our college and I was tasked to prepare and sort documents which I wasn’t really familiar but it was successful by the way, the program I was a part of is now ready for level 3.0 accreditation. Thank you, Lord! But then like I said earlier, I got disappointed too, some lecturers aren’t interesting, not that I am better than them because I am not, it’s just that they failed to get my attention. By the beginning of August, I stopped attending the review classes. What’s nice about it? I have finished checking the quizzes of my students because I already have the entire weekend to do it!
- Then the day for filing of application to take the LET came, I didn’t want to apply but there were two individuals who endured the heat and hunger and tried to secure my application sheet, when I came there, I only had to pay the registration fee. I’ll be forever thankful to these two individuals who helped me!
- September 27, 2015, the most awaited day finally came. It was the examination day. I ate a little breakfast. The examination was whole day but then I was able to finish it a little earlier; I was secretly laughing inside of me because the exam wasn’t difficult BUT in order to get a rating that is a little above the passing rate, you have to review your subjects back in high school for general education, but for professional education, your common sense might save you, and lastly, for majorship, you need to be familiar of course with the tenets of your major. I know that I have answered more than half of the test questions in Professional Education and Majorship but I was not so confident with General Education. It was a horror to see 38 items of Science and around 20+ items for mathematics, I didn’t lose my heart though, I continued taking the exam. I know that the Lord has been with me all throughout the examination. I read and reread the questions after answering them; I counted and recounted all my answers to make sure that I shaded all the circles. I went home, hungry but not really disappointed because I know, I had no one to blame except myself.
- November 27, 2015, I have been waiting for the results of the LET, 28th, my birthday had passed and 29th too but no results still! On November 30th, I was doing the requirements for my clearance when my sister said that the result for LET has been released already. I don’t know what I exactly felt; I was scared – scared and kind of blaming myself that if I only reviewed properly, things would have been a little better. I was a little confident too – because I know, God’s by my side. My feelings then was like a circus, I was happy but scared and wanted to throw up too. Waiting for the results to be downloaded was like forever though it’s only taking minutes. Then my sister saw my name, I passed the LET! Woohoo! I felt good! It was a relief! All my expenses were worth it! Thank you Lord!
- The wait wasn’t over yet, I had to wait for my rating. I thought, it will be around 75% which was the passing rate by the way. Every day, I was checking the website of PRC and today, just today, the rating has been posted and mine is a little above 80. It was an accomplishment, I am happy, I am grateful.
So these are the highlights of my 2015. What’s yours? J